Mar 9, 2008

Healing

Just came back from LASARET - the Lasallian Integrating Retreat. I can't believe that I managed to acquire the energy and guts necessary to say all the things I've always wanted to all my former blockmates. It's not that I hate them... it's just that I've never really found it in my heart to forgive all of them for ostracizing my good friend Bea. Hey, hurt me once - I don't care... hurt my friends - you hurt me. However, I think that I'm on the road to recovery now. I got to write the little "thank you"'s and "hey there... how're you doing there"'s that I've felt that I owed them. I have to admit, it's a little tough at first, but once you do it, there's a feeling of liberation from the past that happens. I will never get to fully heal from the wounds, but it helps to know that I just might be able to mask the scars well enough for me to not remember that such things happened in the past.

Whoever you all are, you know who you are.

As I ask for your forgiveness, I forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment